LOLI hate it when I get a "lol" in reply... I mean if you feel like laughing then go Haha at least it sounds like a laugh! When I get a lone lol I choose to end the conversation more often than not (it also depends on who sent it and my inclination to put myself through some more lol horror)
Why people choose to use this Conversation killer?
1. To KILL the conversation. Of course if you actually wanna kill the conversation then you can go ahead and LOL. It would work even better than HMMM...
2. You actually say "LOL" out loud instead of laughing in the 'real' world. ( Saw such a creature in some movie/series )
3. You actually believe that it's Cooler to LOL then to laugh.
4. You genuinely have nothing to say and LOL is your way of dealing with awkwardness.
5. You've not heard about the 'cooler' version of LOL which is LAUL.
What is YOUR reason?