Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Start over, shall we?

With every passing day the need for a start over seems more and more warranted. There are so many things that need to be set right. Almost everything seems imperfect in retrospect. It's like burden which is becoming heavier by the day slowing me down. You can't just leave the past and start over. It doesn't work like that.

Nothing's ever done.... No matter what you do, or what you pretend, the past is there. You can't ignore it.
JOHN SAUL, When the Wind Blows

It's the past that defines us, that describes us.
It's the past that restricts us, that constricts our path.
That drives us and disappoints us.

The past gives you an identity and the future holds the promise of salvation, of fulfillment in whatever form. Both are illusions.
ECKHART TOLLE, The Power of Now
I want to go back to the start again. I know now what I need to  needed to do. The battles I must have won, the battles I should never have volunteered for. Promises (to myself) that I should never have made. Ideals, morals, fairness are the real vices for which there IS no rehab.

But I can't really go back now can I? Past, clowns to the left of me and jokars to the right, and here I am stuck in the middle with you.


4 comments:

  1. Nice one ! Exactly what I was thinking.. The best line in the above post - I know now what I needed to do. The battles I must have won, the battles I should never have volunteered for.

    You wrote my heart out! Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Put352qqlWU

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: You'll make me believe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @dallas: thanks man! glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete